As we move steadily forwards into year 8 of BTRS Training and Events, here is a recap of what’s on for everyone to crack on with throughout the year.
The 2018 diary of events runs from March, with the 4th annual Trial-By-Trail, FLOW Sea Swim Series , Midweek Tri Series, Italian yacht swim weeks, Mallorca cycling weeks, RunvRide, August Rampion Windmill Swim, Olympic/Half and Full Iron Distance triathlons, all leading us very nicely to Annual Awards Gala Evening (Saturday 6th October) when I have the pleasure of recognising all of your achievements and accomplishments throughout the year.
So, in a nutshell, here is the month by month diary of events and trips, WHICH RUNS CONCURRENTLY with our regular weekly training schedule throughout 2018.
Make sure you check our Facebook group on a regular basis for updates on all these events and weekly training.
– Sunday 4th – WTRS Trail #3
– Saturday 10th – 4th Annual Trial-By-Trail. A big adventure day, all 4 trail runs in one day. Fully supported with base camp buffet. You can opt to mountain bicycle some and and run some, run all, or mountain bicycle all.
– Saturday 16th – Mountain Bicycle Social, Start at Hove Park, off road to Devils Dyke, to Stanmer Park, to Falmer, to Brighton Marina, to finish back in Hove Park.
– Wednesday 21st – Spring Solstice Final Midweek Dark Run, 6:59pm, Social mini adventure with sticky toffee pudding and custard at the finish, (Vegan dessert too) marking the end of the English winter and the arrival of warmer bluer skies ahead.
– Saturday 24th – RunVRide #5. 11 miles of flat cross country Downslink running, against the clock, more importantly against the mountain bicycles riding the same course there and back, trying to beat the runners across the finish line.
– Saturday 30th – Day 1 of 3, Tour Of Sussex Road Cycling Weekend.
– Sunday 31st – Day 2 of 3, Tour Of Sussex Road Cycling Weekend.
– Sunday 1st – Day 3 of 3, Tour of Sussex Road Cycling Weekend.
– Monday 2nd – Introduction to FLOW SEA SWIMMING Open Day. A full day of sea swimming videos, water safety, wetsuit trials, distance goal setting, and our annual Windmill swim details presentation, all rounded off with a lovely refreshing Sea swim to open the FLOW Swim and Swimming For Softies series for 2018.
– Saturday 28th through to Saturday 5th May – Mallorca Cycling/Training Week #1. Daily routine fully laid out. Up with the sun, 30 minutes of yoga, followed by pool swim training. Shower, big breakfast, then in the saddle for a long cycling day with lunch out on the road. Late afternoon arrive home, core training and short run. Shower, evening meal, social, bed.
– Tuesday 1st – Saturday 5th Mallorca Cycling/Training Week.
– Tuesday 22nd – Tuesday 29th – Italian Yacht Swim Week. A fully supported week on the yacht, sailing from Vibo, to Stromboli, Panarea, Lipari, Vulcano, and back to Vibo. Each day’s focus is clear blue sea swimming, good food, sunsets and absolutely no smiling!
– Saturday 2nd through to Saturday 9th – Mallorca Cycling/Training Week #2. Daily routine fully laid out. Up with the sun, 30 minutes of yoga, followed by pool swim training. Shower, big breakfast, then in the saddle for a long cycling day with lunch out on the road. Late afternoon arrive home, core training and short run. Shower, evening meal, social, bed.
– Saturday 23rd/Sunday 24th – Olympic Distance Triathlon #1 of 4
– Saturday 21st/Sunday 22nd – Olympic Distance Triathlon #2 of 4.
– Saturday 21st/Sunday 22nd – Half Iron (70.3) Triathlon #1 of 2.
– Weekend of 4th/5th OR 11th/12th Rampion Windmill Swim. I’m inviting up to 200 solo swimmers and relay pairs (one hour on one hour off) to register for the event, there are strict qualification swims throughout the FLOW Sea Swim Series.
– Saturday 25th/Sunday 26th – Olympic Distance Triathlon #3 of 4.
– Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd – Olympic Distance Triathlon #4 of 4
– Saturday 29th/Sunday 30th – Half Iron (70.3) Triathlon #2 of 2.
– Saturday 29th/Sunday 30th – Full Iron (140.6) Triathlon
– Saturday 6th – ANNUAL AWARDS GALA EVENING.
So there we have it, please have a good read through, write your preferred events firmly in your diaries, and message me with any questions you may have. I regularly post up details for events approaching.
Best, as always